To apply for the HMI Summer Term:
- Complete our online application, including responses to the two essay questions listed below. Note: our online application platform is hosted on a secure, third-party site.
- Submit your current transcript, by having your high school email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your transcript should include your most recent fall semester/trimester grades.
- Solicit two teacher recommendations, with at least one coming from a current core academic teacher (humanities, math, etc.) The second may come from any current or past teacher, mentor, counselor, coach, etc. Please ask your teachers to visit www.hminet.org/teacherrec to fill out the form on your behalf. The “Application Status” box in your online application account will notify you when we have received one or both of your recommendations.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis up until February 15, 2021.
- If applying for financial aid, please submit a complete financial aid application by February 15. Financial aid application fee waivers are available by request.
Application essay questions (answer both):
You may choose to answer one of the three essays with a video recording of yourself. Click here for more information about this option.
1. What do you hope to gain from the HMI Summer Term?
400 word maximum
2. Which single extracurricular activity are you most passionate about and why? This is not necessarily the extracurricular to which you commit the most time. This can be something that takes place during the academic year and/or over the summer.
400 word maximum
Meet the Admissions Office
HMI Summer Term applications are due by 11:59pm MDT on Monday, February 15, 2021.
Extensions may be available on a case-by-case basis. To inquire about an application deadline extension, please contact the Admissions Office.
For current tuition and financial aid information, visit our Tuition & Affordability page. Extensive need-based financial aid is available.
We are not traveling in academic year 2020-21 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Instead we are hosting a number of evening webinars throughout the fall and winter, the details of which may be found on our Admissions Presentations page.
No, but we do allow students to submit one of their essay responses in video format.
Admissions decisions will be sent via email within three weeks of the receipt of a complete application. Applicants will also be able to view their admissions decision by logging back into their online application portal.
Enrollment agreements are due back to HMI within three weeks of acceptance.
Admissions decisions often end up in applicants’ spam folders. If you still can’t find an email from us after checking your spam folder please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
Saturday, June 26 – Thursday, July 29, 2021