HMI Summer Term 2022 Tuition & Dates
|HMI Summer Term Tuition||$10,495|
Summer Term Student Account*
|Summer Term Dates||Sunday, June 26 – Friday, July 29, 2022|
*Student Account funds are returned if unused
35% of Students Receive Financial Aid
The Average Award is 82% of Tuition
Top Awards Include Free Gear Rental and Flights
How to apply for financial aid
Families that wish to be considered for financial aid should submit their financial aid application by February 15. Plan to spend at least one to two hours on the financial aid application.
HMI uses School and Student Services (SSS), a service of Community Brands, to process financial aid applications. SSS provides schools with an estimated amount each family can contribute to educational expenses, allowing us to make fair and objective financial aid decisions.
Your application will not be considered complete until you have uploaded all available tax forms from the past two years including forms 1040, W2, 1099, and Schedules A-F (if applicable). For example, if you are applying for financial aid in February 2022, you must submit all 2020 tax forms and any 2021 tax forms you have received (such as forms W2 or 1099).
There is a $51 fee to submit your financial aid application through SSS. This fee is automatically waived for families making below a certain income level. If the fee is not automatically waived, and you feel that you cannot afford this fee, please contact us for a fee waiver.
To begin your financial aid application please visit the SSS for Parents page and click the “Login to complete or update your PFS” button to create an account. When prompted to “Enter SSS Code,” input 2096 for HMI.
For more information on how to complete a financial aid application, visit the SSS Parent Resources page. If you have questions about the SSS application, please call the SSS Help Desk directly, at 800-344-8328.
Financial aid policies
- For priority consideration, the financial aid application should be completed by the same date as the general application deadline (February 15).
- No financial aid application will be reviewed until all supporting tax forms have been uploaded to SSS for verification purposes. Families must upload all 2020 tax forms (including all of the following forms that apply: 1040, W2, 1099, and Schedules A-F) and any 2020 tax forms that have already been received.
- All financial aid awards, with the exception of the Lake County High School Merit Scholarships, are need-based as determined by SSS and the HMI Financial Aid Committee.
- Parents are expected to support the student to the extent they are able, as determined by SSS and HMI. Financial aid is awarded based on a family’s ability to pay, not desire to pay.
- In cases of divorce or separation, each parent should complete their own PFS.
- If either parent remarries, the financial information of the stepparent must be included on the PFS.
- All financial aid records are kept confidential. Only the HMI Financial Aid Committee has access to financial aid information.