HMI Semester 2020-21 Tuition & Dates
|HMI Semester Tuition||$32,100|
|Fall Semester Student Account*||$1,200|
|Spring Semester Student Account*||$1,600|
|Fall Semester 2020 Dates||Aug 17 – Dec 18, 2020|
|Spring Semester 2021 Dates||Jan 21 – May 30, 2021|
*Student Account funds are returned if unused
We believe all qualified students should have access to the unique educational opportunities at HMI. We seek meet the full demonstrated need of every student we accept into the HMI Semester. This is to say, if you are accepted, and if you qualify for financial aid, we will strive to offer a financial aid package that makes HMI affordable for your family.
29% of Students Receive Financial Aid
The Average Award is 69% of Tuition
Top Awards Include Free Gear Rental and Flights
Payment Plans are Available to all Families
Will my family qualify for financial aid?
To learn if you might qualify for financial aid, use our Financial Contribution Estimator. This tool is not an exact calculator, and an actual financial aid award may differ significantly from the amount estimated.
How to apply for financial aid
Families who wish to be considered for financial aid should submit their financial aid application by February 17. Plan to spend at least one to two hours on the financial aid application. Your application will not be considered complete until you have uploaded tax forms from the most recent year available including forms 1040, W2, 1099, and Schedules A-F (if applicable). For example, if you are applying for financial aid in February 2020, you must submit your 2018 tax forms (since 2019 forms are not yet available).
HMI uses School and Student Services (SSS), a service of Community Brands, to process financial aid applications. SSS provides schools with an estimated amount each family can contribute to educational expenses, allowing us to make fair and objective financial aid decisions.
There is a $51 fee to submit your financial aid application through SSS. This fee is automatically waived for families making below a certain income level. If the fee is not automatically waived, and you feel that you cannot afford this fee, please contact us for a fee waiver.
To begin your financial aid application please visit the SSS for Parents page and click the “Login to complete or update your PFS” button to create an account. When prompted to “Enter SSS Code,” input 2096 for HMI.
For more information on how to complete a financial aid application, visit the SSS Parent Resources page. If you have questions about the SSS application, please call the SSS Help Desk directly, at 800-344-8328.
Financial aid policies
- For priority consideration, the financial aid application should be completed by the same date as the general application deadline (February 17).
- No financial aid application will be reviewed until all supporting tax forms have been uploaded to SSS for verification purposes. Families must upload all of the following tax forms that apply from the most recent year available: 1040, W2, 1099, and Schedules A-F.
- All financial aid awards, with the exception of the Lake County High School Merit Scholarships, are need-based as determined by SSS and the HMI Financial Aid Committee.
- Parents are expected to support the student to the extent they are able, as determined by SSS and HMI. Financial aid is awarded based on a family’s ability to pay, not desire to pay.
- In cases of divorce or separation, each parent should complete their own PFS.
- If either parent remarries, the financial information of the stepparent must be included on the PFS.
- All financial aid records are kept confidential. Only the HMI Financial Aid Committee has access to financial aid information.